Star Tribune’s goal is to enhance and strengthen the community we serve through our coverage, our business practices and our charitable giving. Specific areas of focus for Star Tribune are literacy, education, and citizenship. We look to contribute in ways in which we can make an impact with the resources we have and being as inclusive as possible. The following is a list of our general guidelines and polices:
- Please submit your request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org at least six (6) weeks in advance of your deadline or event.
- Organizations seeking support should be a charitable organization or proceeds from the event must benefit a local charitable organization.
- Assistance is most often provided in the form of public service advertising or product donations. Unfortunately, we cannot run “thank you” ads.
- We generally do not support health related causes, fundraisers or religious, political or social interests.
- Events must be open to the public and appeal to a large portion of the community and our readers.
- The support will most likely come in the nature of ad space and/or product donations. The ads we provide for community relations projects are run on a space available basis.
- Support does not include news or editorial coverage. That is at the sole discretion of our newsroom.
- Because of the large demand for advertising space, Star Tribune cannot accept every request. If a proposal is not accepted, you’re encouraged to contact the Advertising Department for information on non-profit advertising rates that may be available.